Saturday was the baby shower thrown for Bone Senior by friends in her ward, and this is when we surprised her. It was a really nice shower and all of Bone Senior's friends are super nice. Also, you can only tell Bone Senior is pregnant from the side...she is so adorable! Anyway, after the shower the three of had a girls night, we went shopping, went out to eat, painted our toes, watched a movie, and had so much fun talking and catching up. Sunday, we hung out at Bone Senior and Junior's parents house and the Bone's gave me a tour of their home town. Monday we went to down town Philadelphia and went to all the toursit spots which was a ton of fun too.
Instead of recounting all that we did in PA, I will give you my top ten list of favorite things we did in PA:
1. RITA'S Water (pronounced Wooter) Ice. I love the Gelatti's (or as I like to call them Gel lat lat latti's).
2. We left Utah where the weather had just turned from cold and snowing to spring and 70 degree weather to to PA where we experienced a freak snow storm the first and second day we were there, causing to have to circle over the airport for an extra hour due to weather, and then wake up the next morning to inchs of some mutant kind of snow that I have never seen before. We almost could not get up Bone Junior's driveway after leaving Friday afternoon, thats how bad it was.Then on our back to Utah hear that we are supposed to get rain and snow the next couple of days. SWEET!
3. Our rental car, the sweet cherry red Chevy Cobalt! (I reccommend this car to no one!)
4. Flying first class both ways to PA and back to UT! Glamorous Glamorous! its over a 4 hour flight so the extra space really makes a difference.
5. Getting to see Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, the old Congress and Senate building...and a whole bunch of other historical stuff.
6. Eating at Pat's Steaks...my first REAL Philly cheese steak! and it was very tasty!
7. Seeing and Amish horse and buggy going down the road (Bone Junior let me know that the buggy's are not heated, aparently the Amish do not believe in being warm). I also got to see lots of Amish farms, they were pretty sweet.
8. Row houses, old scary ones and fixed up nice ones that looked totally cool to live in.
9. Running the rocky steps, and seeing the rocky statue outside the Philadelphia Art Museum (turns out its closed on Monday which is the day we were there and wanted to go in).
10. Getting to see Bone Senior and surprising here with Bone Junior (Luke did and excellent job of keeping it all a secret too). It was one big happy reunion. I love the kind of friends that even though you don't see them all the time when you see them again it feels like you never left.
So, I am sure that I forgot some things, but I am sure that Bone Junior will tell all the funny stories that I forgot, like the one about Samuel and us taking him through security twice!.
I will post some more random and fun pictures tomorrow or the next day.
15 comments:
Cute pictures. Thanks for sharing. Emily is one cute pregnant girl. :) You look cute and I love your hair right now - the color and everything.. but I am wondering about that tongue.. It's just part of your smile, isn't it? ;) you're cute. I love you - even with your tongue smile.
so funny- beth! I was thinking the same thing about that close up picture- how i love that Erin sticks her tongue against her teeth when she smiles! Cute pics- thanks for the update- I have been waiting since you guys left for one!
So fun to see the pictures of all you together in PA !!
Such a cute pregnant lady!
Since everyone's commenting about the cute pregnant lady and the cute blonde who sticks her tongue out, I have to ask: Who's that smokin hot Latina???
now I am never going to smile again. thanks guys for making fun of my smile. (and for your info that is how I have always smiled).
what a fun trip! I have never flown first class. Guess I will have to try it sometime!
NO NO NO.. ERIN. Not making fun. It is one of those things that makes your smile dang cute - and UNIQUE. I love it. Don't think we are saying it's a bad thing!! And, yes, I will second Bone Junior.. who IS that hot latina?!! That was going to be my next question..
also is it possible that Em is SKINNIER pregnant than not pregnant? I sure hope that's how my pregnancies go- although I can pretty much predict that I will look like fat bastard from Austin Powers. Get in my belly!!
erin your hair is getting long and you guys are so cute. my heart is crying right now that i don't have the sweet hookups to fly first class to PA whenever i want. aren't you going back after the baby's born??
barbie-yeah, I want to go back after the baby is born but probably not till fall. we should go together!
I love your pictures- and I was glad to see Rita's wooder ice in print! Looks tasty!
Glad you had fun (and I'm so glad someone finally snapped some pictures of Emily!)
good- i will have more money then. let's go together!!
Um, hello? Please to include me in your fall travel plans. It will be G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S.
You all look super cute. What a fun trip! Were you thinking about the movie Nation Treasure while you were there? I would have. Even though it's just a movie, I probably would have been looking for clues.
I thought you were gonna post some more random and fun pictures in a day or two... ?? I'm waaaiiittting. (I am a high-maintenance blogger.. can ya tell??) Love you.
Post a Comment