Friday, April 25, 2008

8 Reasons Why...

I would have done 10 reasons, but I could only think of 8. So, these are my 8 reasons why going back to work isn't really my favorite thing to do:

1. IT MAKES ME NOT WANT TO BLOG AS MUCH. Being on the computer all day at work, and then coming home and getting on the computer again, isn't all that appealing to me.

2. I HAVE TO GET UP EARLY. When I didn't have a job, I got whenever I woke up. I never really slept in past 8 or 9 though...But this is probably the most glorious thing ever, especially when I am pregnant. Because these days I can't really sleep good anyway...what with having to get up and pee every 5 minutes, and not being able to breathe cause I am so congested and not allowed to take a decongestant.

3. MY JOB DESCRIPTION ISN'T ANYTHING EXCITING. So, I guess what I am saying is that being a secretary isn't all it's cracked up to be...especially when at my last job I made twice as much and even though it was stressful sometimes I was doing cool stuff. But I guess I can do anything for 5 months, right?

4. NOT GETTING TO TALK TO BETH EVERY DAY. I felt like she and I had some kind of routine going, ya know? We would talk, okay not every day, but a lot. I got used to our consistent chats, and now I have to be okay with way less...the sacrifices I have to make to be gainfully employed...geez.

5. MY TRAVELING DAYS HAVE COME TO AN END. For a while there I was going somewhere every week...I'm not kidding. In March I was gone almost every weekend. The first week I went to home to California. The next weekend I went to Zion National Park. Next I went to Oregon. I almost went to California again t he following weekend, but I thought I'd better stay home so that Ryan wouldn't be so lonely. But then the week after that, the start date for my job got pushed back, so I went to Arizona for the weekend. So, now here I sit strapped to desk like a normal person....until May when I get to Arizona again!

6. I CAN'T HANG WITH THE PARENTAL UNITS ALL DAY, EVERY DAY. When they first got here I was able to hang out with them pretty much every day. It was so fun, going to lunch, dinner, house shopping. It's so much fun now that they live here, but it's weird that I don't get to see them. Usually if they were here they would be visiting and I would take time off work to see them. But now they are always here, so I guess there's no pressure.

7. I AM ALLERGIC TO THE OFFICE I WORK IN. I have bad allergies anyway, so I take an allergy pill in the morning before I go to work. I am usually fine when I wake up, but by the time I get to work after like a half hour of being here my nose becomes completely blocked. My nose becomes so completely blocked that you can barely understand what I am saying when I have to talk on the phone. And then I have to explain to every person who calls that, "no I'm not sick, I just have really bad allergies, sorry I sound so annoying and you can barely understand me".

8. THE DUDE I WORK WITH. I am sure he is a nice guy. Maybe he drives me clinically insane because I am pregnant and my hormones are completely off balance...but either way he makes me crazy. He is the kind of dude who has something to say to everything, even if I don't want to hear it. You know how they are always coming out with one thing or another that is bad for your health? Well, he knows about all of those. One time he told me about two different things in one day: 1) Flouride is bad for you in the water. Supposedly it was what they used in the Holocaust to subdue prisoners. 2) recycled plastic that holds water or food is bad for you, and you shouldn't eat or drink anything that has touched it. After he shared that second one with me I had to say, "Wow, if I lived my life being affraid of everything they came out with that we need to avoid, I would be a very paranoid person. I mean I have enough stuff to worry about as it is". Hopefully you catch my drift.

Anyway, there is my little list. Maybe someday, I will get around to posting some pictures from my camera.

5 comments:

Kristin Hanson said...

My humidifier saved me during my pregnancy - I recommend getting a cool air one now and running it full blast at night. Your nose will thank you ;) Oh -- I have the frog shaped one by Crane from Babies R Us.

Erin said...

yeah...have a cool air humidifier, run it all through the night...doesn't do anything. Thanks for the tip though.

Anonymous said...

Its so awesome you get to hang out with your parents now! Tell M & K hi for me. I drove by Heraldo and thought of them. I'll be there next week for Women's conference. Can't wait to see you!

Beth said...

I KNOW!!! This JOB thing isn't working out for me.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry, but MY new job is WAY more intense than yours! I have 4 12 hour days in a row, then I get a break and only have to work ten hours. Yikes, I hope I can get used to this!