Sunday, January 02, 2011

Polar Express

On Christmas Eve Eve, we went on the Polar Express (Heber Creeper) with my mom and Grandma and step Grandpa. Jack seriously had a blast! The ride was an hour and half, elves served us hot chocolate, we sang Christmas carols, and every kid to meet Santa and get a gift from him. I was little nervous about the Santa part, because Jack wasn't really about Santa before that. He avoided him like the plague. But then when Santa gave him a toy, and sat down to talk to him, Jack had tons to tell him. When Santa was all done talking to every single little kid on the train he went out the front door, and Jack stood up and reached his hand out for him, and yelled "noooo....Saaa" (that's short for Santa). I almost died it was so cute. So, I would say it was a successful train ride. Plus we got to see some really beautiful scenery. But try not to notice the shabby quality of the pictures that were unfortunately taken with my point and shoot and all turned out really grainy. It sorta hurts my heart that I didn't bring my nice camera.






2 comments:

Val said...

Your pictures look fabulous even with a point and shoot. What a fun thing to do with Jack! Happy New Year!

Olivia said...

What a fun idea. And with all that snow it really does look like the real trip in the book.