Saturday, April 21, 2007

Foundation

On Thursday, they started pouring our foundation and basement of our new house. The real estate lady, Tracy, called me and told me they had started and said I could come up and take pictures if I wanted to...how did she know I am camera and picture freak? I was like "heck yes I am coming up to take pictures!" So, I called Cassie to see if her and Chris wanted to hang out since I would be going up that way. Here is how the phone conversation went:

Erin: Hey, I'm headed up your direction and I was wondering if you guys wanted to hang out in a little bit?

Cassie: What are you coming up here to do?

Erin: My real estate agent just called me and told me they are pouring our foundation, so I wanted to come up and take pictures.

Cassie: Oh cool, can I come with you? I am so excited for you guys and I want to see your house (we went and looked at the models too)

Chris (in the bachground): What is she going to do?

Cassie: They are pouring her foundation at her house and she wants to go take pictures

Chris: So she wants to go watch cement dry?

Yes Chris, I want to go watch cement dry...thank you for your smart a** comment though....I could swear that he is turning into Chris Sr. or Keith with a comment like that.

But me, Cassie, and Cam did go out to Daybreak and watch cement get poured into the forms and then dry, and was it ever exilerating! Chris you really missed out.



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great day to watch cement being poured into your forms for your foundation!!
And so great to have company too.
Someone to get vicarious pleasure.
I hope we are there sooner than later

Beth said...

That is a total Chris Sr. or Keith comment... but pretty darn funny. :) Congrats on your cement. It's lovely.

Anonymous said...

I agree - lovely cement! As far as Chris goes.... I apologize, I tried my darndest to make him a nice kid and most of the time he is... but sometimes, the Harline genes come out and he says funny things that verge on rude. What a Harline!

Anonymous said...

Oh by the way.... BEAUTIFUL Views! And even cement is lovely when it's going to be YOUR cement!

Erin said...

I didn't take what chris said as rude...just funny, and very harline like and sarcastic.

And thank you for complimentling my cement!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I showed the pictures to Dad,He was very impressed with the Pump!

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud Erin that you posted the A.. word. I was going to use it the other day on someone's blog, but my wife threaten to call the Bishop on me. Sounds like a commment that all of us guys would make. Does that make us all Smart A....?

Julia said...

Yes Brett you are a smart a...
And I didnt threaten to call the bishop. I mean who does that?
Anyway... Erin that's so exciting! I wish I was there to watch the cement dry with you!

Erin said...

I am glad that dad was impressed with the pump, and brett I am glad that you were impressed with my use of an explitive, and I lve it even more that you and julia go back and forth on my blog...I laughed out loud when I read your posts. Thank you. (yeah, and really, who tells the bishop on their husband?)

Anonymous said...

I really hate to be a stickler about this, but you just can't call concrete "cement". I'm sorry I just won't be able to sleep tonight unless I say something.
Oh and hi there ladies.