Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hot Times in California

I got to go to California this last weekend with my mom. We flew out there together, which was totally fun since we haven't flown together since I was younger and living at home. My mom stayed with her good friend, Glenna, and I stayed with Val. It was so weird to visit California and not stay in the house that I grew up in. It was fun too though, because I got to stay with Val, who I only usually get to see for a couple of hours when I visit California. 

Anyway, we also got to hang out with the Jeppson's and Grandma while we were there. Everyone was nice enough to go to my favorite restaurant El Flamingo...it was so tasty! I ate too much chips and salsa (as usual), and I ate way too much food after that. It was so worth it to get my fill of good mexican food before going home to Utah. After dinner we went over to the Jeppson's house and hung out some more, like we always do. I love my family so much, we always have so much fun when we're together...there is always a lot of laughing. 

And lucky for us, Patti was in town too, so she drove down from where she is staying to chill with us and have dinner. 
Okay, and is it just me or does Taylor always take super model pictures. I was asking her this when we were over...and now that I am looking at this picture it's obvious where she gets her good looks. (Love you Lori!)
Dax is so big and so grown up already, and he is so good at entertaining us without even knowing it. And let me tell you, this dude can eat! Whatever you give him he will try, and if you are eating something and you aren't sharing...he gets mad. After dinner, back at the house, Dax was totally hamming it up. I was just snapping pictures and everytime he would make a new face. Some of them were so funny. 
The last day I was there, right before it was time to go the airport, it got sunny and nice. I had been wanting to go the beach the whole time I was there but the clouds would never clear up. Even though I couldn't enjoy the sun at the beach, I took lots of pictures right before I left of Val's kids and friends playing at their pool.....

NEVER MIND. Blogger won't let me post anymore pictures. I will try again later with the pool shots.

4 comments:

Val said...

I'm so glad you got to stay with us this time in CA! Fun times, more memories to stash away! I loved watching you eat the WHOLE gigantic burrito (what's it called a "Big Dave"?) It is worth it though, when you live in Utah and get mediocre Mexican food! The pictures of Dax and your family are so cute! Can't wait to see the pool pictures. Post them soon!!

Busy B Preschool said...

I can't believe how big Dax is. I remember when he was just born. Cute pictures too!

Beth said...

CUUUUUUTE! Love all of these pictures! I feel like I was there! I WISH I was there! :( Sorry we just missed eachother.. that was sad. Sorry I missed eating too many chips/salsa too. So... it's been three days.... Will blogger let you post the pool pictures yet, huh? huh?? :)

Julia said...

great pics of Dax. He's a ham just like his mom. I wish I was there!!