Sunday, December 21, 2008

On the Move

So, before I had Jack, I read the book "Secrets of the Baby Whisperer" on the recommendation of Cassie. I loved the book, but I didn't apply what I learned in it till just a couple of weeks ago (big mistake). So, if you have little ones or are going to have little ones I also highly recommend this book! Anyway, my Dad likes to say that "Jack doesn't like to be pigeon-holed". Just when you think you got him figured out he does the opposite. He likes to do things his own way, which has resulted in me having zero time to myself. This is why the ways of the Baby Whisperer became crucial. So, I had been using these techniques for about a week, and not seeing very many results in the way of getting little Jack to stay asleep at nap time. I gave Cassie a call for a little support, and she came over to my house and spent the whole afternoon with me and Jack...we basically tag-teamed Jack, he didn't have a chance. Since then I have had several good nap days with him (which didn't really exist before), so I think we are hopefully on the up side. But, we won't get too excited, because like my dad says, "he doesn't like to be pigeon-holed". But here is a picture of my sweet boy taking a nap today, all cozy and bugsy.


Then, tonight after his last nap, he was so happy and REALLY energetic. I mean, he usually moves a lot, but tonight he was especially active. It was so funny and so cute. 

6 comments:

Cassie said...

Way to go Jack and Erin!!! There's nothing like a good nap and an adorable happy baby! I'm happy to help any time!

Patti said...

I want another baby so I can try that book out..... JUST KIDDING!
Jack is DARLING. Keep up the good work. I'm glad Cassie was able to help. She's REALLY good at the technique!

Beth said...

Soooooooooo cute! I think he's totally runnin' laps! :) And, I love the little squeals coming out of him... too stinking cute! I believe one of them was "I WANNA GO TO BETH'S HOUSE!" Did you hear it? I totally did....

em said...

I heard it Beth! And I think there was an "I want to phly to Philly" in there, too. He's so cute!!

Dan & Stacy said...

Erin how cute!! I miss that stage. Good luck with the naps!

Julia said...

Love love LOVE the smiley video! yeah for naps!