Before we get to Easter...on Friday, my grandma and grandpa stopped by for dinner. Jack, once again, knew exactly how to charm them. He loved his great grandparents!


Now, for Easter. It was such a beautiful day out, which was a pleasant change from how it's been around here lately. As usual my mom made a delicious meal for us to partake of. Mashed potatoes, green beans, broccoli salad, and little baby lamb...at least it wasn't little baby bunny. I told my mom, eating lamb for Easter is almost like eating reindeer on Christmas....but man was that lamb good. I've never had it before, and I liked it. I'll be honest though, I pretty much like everything my mom cooks. Then for dessert we had a lemon cheesecake on brownie crust, homemade by mi madre. YUM! Sarah stopped by for a little visit too. Jack is so funny around her for some reason. He does his usual shy thing where he drops his head after he looks at her, but then its accompanied by this noise...some kind of whiney nervous noise. It's so funny. He eventually warmed up to her, but we can't figure out why he does that to her, and only her (so far). We think maybe it's because she is dark. He doesn't really encounter dark people very often in a family full of whiteys. Or, maybe it's because of that time when I got him up from a nap and she was coming out of the next room right as we were coming around the corner, and since he wasn't all the way awake yet, it scared the crap out of him. For whatever reason, it always takes him a while to get reacquainted with Sarah every time she comes over. You can see here that everything is business as usual for Jack. Also, it seems that Sarah and Jack planned ahead the way they were going to smile in this picture.

A little family picture taking.



After dinner, we went for a walk around the neighborhood, since it was so gorgeous out. Jack had so much fun on the walk, he usually falls asleep when we go for a walk, but this time he was talking, playing, and doing little squeals of glee the whole time.


The Oquirrh Mountain Temple is almost done! I think the open house is in August. It's so pretty at night when they turn the lights on. One of these days I will walk over there and take a picture of it at night.


Jack has little shades, but he hates wearing them. He doesn't like things touching his face. So, I hurried and took this before he ripped them off in a frenzied furry. He looks so dang cute!
8 comments:
Ginormous bazoombas like hers would scare the crap out of me, too.
He is SO cute!!! We have to see you guys again soon!!!
Jack is SO cute! I love all your pictures. I wish I could scrap with them.
he is so smiley in all those pictures- love it! And I love the picture with sarah- so cute!
Cute pictures! Looks like a great day with lots of yummy food!
I love his shades! Elle has cute sunglasses too, I want to snap pics with them together in their shades.
It's so much fun to see your grandma again. I'm sure Jack loved her!
Ah, happy Easter! (Lamb, really? Way to go Maggie!) Love the little guy (and your hair IS really cute that way!)
Post a Comment