Thursday, December 07, 2006
Oh dear!
The other day I stayed home sick from work and basically just vegged out all day on my couch. Sometimes its nice to get a break from work, even if you are sick. However, towards the end of the day I started to feel a little bit better, so I decided I would clean a couple things up (okay, I'll be honest it was more like a lot of things: dishes, laundry, take out the trash, vacuum a little, you know the works). When I looked out the kitchen window I saw these two dear out in our yard, only feet away from the house. I ran down the hallway to my bedroom where I could be closer and also show Chuck cause I knew he would freak out (he freaks out over the quail that eat lunch in the yard, and these animals were like 50 times bigger than the stupid quail). So, I grabbed chuck on my sprint down our hallway, got to the door of the room threw chuck towards the direction of the slidding glass door and then I crawled, like a ninja, on my belly over to the door too. The mama dear and baby Bambi could have cared less about me, all they did was look up from their afternoon snack and stare at me and then continue. It was so cool to be so close to them, and chuck liked it too. He really wanted me to let him out so he could give them a piece of him. In the picture, I bet you are thinking, "he looks cool, calm, and collected", but he is just putting up a front to look cool on camera. Seconds before I took the picture, he was up on two feet with his front paws and face pressed up against the glass meowing his little heart out. I don't know what he thought he was going to do once he got out there, maybe I should have found out. Anyway, our landlords tell us that they have had up to 14 dear in the backyard at once in the winter time...I can't wait to see that. Good thing we don't have a gun (Cori, and Julia), but I won't name any names...cause these guys are sitting ducks, or dears or whatever.


Meet Bambi...I thought this little guy, or girl, was so cute with its fuzzy fur still on it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
hahahaaha - the mental image I have of you running down the hallway, grabbing chuck and chucking (hehe) him towards the window whilst assuming the ninja position makes me laugh so hard and miss you so much! I love when you blog.
Wow.. that picture behind Chuck looks cool. How sweet. I love to see deer. They are so pretty. And, I also enjoyed the mental image that came from you in a ninja position. ;)
That is sooo cool. It sounds like you live in a pretty cool place. Even if your mattress is on the floor. And Erin, I wouldn't shoot a dear! I only shoot into a chamber at work... or Brett's butt with a soft air gun.
I am glad you guys find humor in me being a ninja, like its so inconceivable or something...geesh
oh and julia...way to go on not shooting but dear but it still being cool to shoot good ol' brett in the heiney! you rock julio!
Ninja Erin-
LOVE the pictures of the deer they remind me of our old house where the deer would come right up to the window. Anyways, thanks for the visual of the ninja moves! priceless!
Cool picture! One of the perks of living in utah
I am a bit late to this one. I have been out of town.
I can tell Chuck is very intense here...his ears are nearly flat.
Looks lovely out your window.
your new camera takes awesome pics.
thanks barb
Post a Comment