Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Good times with the Eichney's

This last weekend, all of Ryan's family came into town for a cousin's wedding. We got to have Ryan's brother Cory and his girl friend stay with us, and other people stayed at a hotel and other famiy's houses. They were only here for two days, but it was so much fun! we went out to eat a couple of times, went to the wedding, and even got to float the river. I took pictures on the river too, but I have to go get those developed from the water proof camera...those are going to be so funny. We actually got snow a couple of weeks ago, and they are letting a lot of water out of the resevoir right now, and it is probably all coming from the bottom where its the coldest. So, even though it was 100 degrees out, the water was t oo cold to handle, and we didn't find that out until we were being swept down the river. Its usualy cold anyway, but this time it was too cold. We should have just gotten out and walked, but its a really long walk back, and we kept not getting out. Two people we were with started to get hypothermia (we think). The water was way colder than usual, a lot faster than usual, had more rapids than usual, and was a lot deeper than usual. I had fun even though it was freezing, and I got a lot of funny pictures that I will have to post as soon as I get them developed.
Debbie and Ryan playing a little Wii.
Chuck loves company...he is trying to pretend like he is asleep, but you can tell he is too excited about company to sleep because of the big grin on his face and his blur of a tail while it wags.
We were all so thirsty after the wedding we went and got 5 giant drinks and then by the time we were done it was time to go to the wedding luncheon, but we still had our huge beverages. I personally think the big blue cups add an extra flare to the fancy tables. (Ryan, Cindy, Mike, Nathan, Jen, Jack, Debby, Cory, Heather)
We even got to do a little fishing...we didn't catch anything though, and it was really windy.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You crammed a lot into a couple of days, didn't you?!?! The big blue cups added a "touch of class". Sounds like you had a blast. Hello to any Eichney's that read this!!!!

Erin said...

I am 99.9% sure that no Eicheny's read my blog...they are what we call "blog challenged"

a said...

Oh, I'm sorry about the "blog challenged" thing. I think that everyone should have a blog :)

Sounds like your few days was really fun! It's always fun to visit with family. We went to my in-laws for x-mas, and had a blast. It was just nice seeing them again.

Cassie said...

Glad you had fun with them...now that their gone we have to get together! Wasn't Barbie here too?

Kristin Hanson said...

Chuck totally loves company - I love that he gets all excited and only wants to play. Is it ok if I adore your cat? :) Anyways, you guys have so much fun! All I ever do is wedding stuf... ;)

Bone Junior said...

I cannot believe you floated the river without me. Isn't that a violation of our blood oath or something?

Julia said...

Another fun weekend!? You sure know how to party! You better be sure to post those pictures!

andi said...

Seriously, it saddens my heart to hear that there are no funny stories of anyone floating into brush, sticks, trees, seaweed, or anything of the sort. Isn't THAT a breach in the blood oath? Of which I have no part- I just like the stories :)

g said...

ok i just looked at my blog- scroll down and look at what pictures are on there of me!! i laughed so hard- all those freaky distorted pictures of me and Bone Jr. i look HOT in those for sure!! No wonder he wants to date me. ps: i broke the 4 year no kissing streak last night :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Erin,I just read your blog for the first time and I have to tell you, you made my day. The one of you and Ryan is blockbluster is a classic. you should send that into readers digest. you could make some money.All is well is Central Calif. all the kids are gone. Kathy Jo is packing around Europe for three more weeks. I almost got to go with your mom to Idah, but not quite.take care, thanks for the laugh. Aunt Kathy

Beth said...

Looks like you had fun. Can't wait to see the floating down the river pictures.. sounds like they could be pretty entertaining :)

emalina49a said...

I tagged you...check my blog!