Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Developments

Okay, okay, I know I have seriously been slacking on the blog update area of my life. So hopefully a house update will suffice.
This was our house a couple of weeks ago, right before they started the dry wall. I didn't take any pictures inside because by the time I was done with the inspection with the contractor guy, it was too dark. Sorry.
This is our house as of yesterday. Looks great and everything right? Well, THESE ARE NOT THE COLORS THAT I CHOSE! I am pretty upset about it. Brown practically doesn't even exist in my realm of reality...so why is my house brown? It was supposed to be green as you will recall back when I posted the color rendering. Needless to say, I had some words to share with those involved in the process. So everyone cross your fingers that my house will get repainted and be green instead of brown. Besides this one pitfall, everything else is moving aloong very nicely. they say we should be in some time in July. So everyone is welcome to come visit me! So, here are some the pictures of the inside, downstairs, after drywalling.
First, before go into my house...this is the house across the street, and this is the color that my house was supposed to be. Huge difference right?
This is looking at the back door, and kitchen/eating area.
This is where the kitchen will be...exciting huh?
This looking into the living room...I love that window!, and I love that there are tons of windows in general.
This is stairs and entry way...obvioulsy.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your'e right! The green is much more you. But lets keep our hopes up...there is still hope you know.
BUT...(that was a big but)the beige isn't too bad, at least it's not orange or purple,right?
I can't believe it's come so far so fast!
Can't wait to see you.
Love you.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT! It is soooooo cute. I think I like the green better, but I agree.... the brown is not bad at all. They will agree to paint it the same color as the one across the street?

a said...

Beautiful house! Yeah, i would be upset that they got the color wrong too. Not that the brown's bad, but your paying them to make it green, not brown. Silly contractors!

Cassie said...

WOW! Your house is going up fast! I have to admit Cam and I are a little disappointed that you were up by us and didn't call! We always like a good ride and to hang out. I guess I will have to go all the way to Arizona to see you!!! We have been wondering where you are lately!

Beth said...

Ya.. I agree with you, your mom, my mom, bethany, cassie... :) you get the idea... The brown isn't bad but once I looked at the house in green I thought it was a big difference - the green is way better. :) I love the whole thing. Can't wait to see it and come visit. :) :) In the mean time, why don't you come visit me... say, tomorrow? Cool.

Anonymous said...

I really love the wallpaper you chose, but it would go better with the green paint:)

em said...

I think after they repaint it green, you should tell them you wanted it brown. HA. I'm so excited to come visit you in the new house! And also to go IKEA shopping with you to furnish it :)

Kristin Hanson said...

So think of it this way, brown has green in it, since it's usually a mix of just about every color...So your house has green in it *wink, wink* That's so exciting that you'll be moving in around July! We might be too jealous to come visit often, but we'll still come ;)

g said...

after all of that deciding about the colors and destoying that woman's whole book of color renderings and the agony of choosing a color, they GOT IT WRONG!!??? I would be so bugged. But I do agree with everyone else that the brown is not bad- the important question though is what color is the door that goes with the brown paint? We were all excited about the black door- do you still get that? It's ok though- I will still come and visit even if your door isn't black! I loveth you!

Anonymous said...

It will be painted green. NO, IFs, ANDS OR BUTS ABOUT IT. I will have my way.

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth's cousin Erin :) Just snooping around the blog world and WHOAH nice house (even it's is brown). I like the green better too. Good luck with it.

Taylor said...

I LOOOVE It!