Monday, August 27, 2007

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig



I just got back from California, visiting my Mom and Dad for 8 days, and I had so much fun! I went to the beach twice and got to swim in the ocean for the first time in I think YEARS! This was a glorious moment for me, for those of you who know how much I like swimming, especially in the ocean. My Dad often makes fun of me because when we used to go to the beach together I would be in the water the whole time, getting out only to eat, drink, and occassionaly put sun block on. Well, this trip to the beach was no different than any in the past. In fact, on the frist day I even got kicked out of the water by the life gaurd. My Dad says they kicked me out because I was in the water for too long, I guess I need to give other people a chance to enjoy the water too, but it was really because a rip tide was moving towards me. (They were being weird about the rip tides both days we were there, I wasn't the only one who got kicked out). Anyway, the water was so warm, and clear, and relaxing, I am home now in Utah, and I miss the beach already.

Me, my mom, and Glenna went to lunch at this tasty place in San Juan. This picture is just outside the restaurant we ate at.
I also got to hang out a lot with my good friend Val. We went out to eat, and hung out around her house just like old times, except in California instead of Utah. The day we went out to lunch, I was all excited because I wanted to treat Val to lunch for once (she always ends up getting me lunch). So, when we first left, we had to drop off her son Dillon at work and then we were going to go. Well on the way to take him to work, I realized that I forgot my purse, so I made Val take me back to the house to get my purse....because I HAD to buy lunch, for once. Now, we are on our way again, to a tasty sandwich place that I used to go to a lot when I was in high school. We get there, I order the special, and Val can't decide what she wants. She felt bad not getting the special because it was more expensive if you didn't. I was like, "don't worry about it, get whatever you want, it's on me". So, she gets what she wants, the cashier tells me the total, and I whip out my debit/credit card. Then, the cashier says we don't take credit cards....and low and behold, there is a giant sign right in front of me that says this exact thing. Okay fine, no credit cards, no problem. But they do take checks, so I whip out my check book and trusty pen to start the check....then these words come out of his mouth, and it seemed like slow motion like on the movie Sandlot with guy who says, "For....ev.....er". Yeah except it was....."Wwwwwweeeee........ doooooooon't...... taaaaaaake...... oooooooout..... ooooof.... staaaaate...... chhhhhhhhhecks" and I was like, "NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO" still slow motion. And of course I didnt have cash. Next thing I know, Val is whipping out her wallet, paying for our lunch, with cash. Sweet, I rock! aren't I a good friend? I am so generous. Anybody else want me to treat you to lunch?

11 comments:

Bone Junior said...

I missed you!!

Anonymous said...

What a glorious 8 days it was!! I only wish I could have been home for all of them. Love you dear daughter.

Beth said...

I'm glad you had so much fun. But, I have to say.. I missed your every-other-day phone call. I knew you must be having too much fun to miss me. ;)

Cute "happy feet" and cute family picture.. and nice sunburn. :) And, I'd go to lunch with you even if I had to pay...

Julia said...

Oh Erin. I miss you!! Is two reunions in one summer too much??

Cassie said...

I am totally jealous that you were home and at the beach. It looks gorgeous and who doesn't love sitting and Lori and Pauls hanging out on the couch?!?! Well Cam and I miss you...Cam's chanting Ernie ernie ernie as we are looking at your blog. So the verdict is in we miss you!

Cori said...

It was awesome to see you while you were here... love ya!

Julia said...

are those tan lines i see??!!

Erin said...

why yes julia...those are tan lines. thank you for noticing. well, actually they were burn marks when we took that picture...but now they have turned tan.

Emily said...

Erin! I never knew the whole swimming at the beach thing about you. I would love to go with you...we could get kicked out together! Sounds like you had fun even without your money! Hee hee. Oh well, I'm sure she loves you regardless, like all of us do.

andi said...

Awww, so fun. I am jealous of everyone's latest trips! I remember when we went to the beach when I stayed with you and you tried to drag me into the ocean and I flipped out. (You didn't know then my fear of drowning.) Glad to see that you still love the ocean and rip tides as much as ever!

AND I'm happy you got to see Val. It throws me that Dillon has a job. Crazy.

And lastly, I dig the tan lines.

Anonymous said...

Lunch was delicious, the company was great, even if I did have to pay for it. Ha Ha :o) Love you Erin. When are you wearing your green striped shirt next so I can wear mine too?