Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Way Overdue

I know, I know, I'm a slacker. In my own defense, I would like to say that I have had, and still have several big projects on my plate. But here I am, up at Midnight blogging, so no complaints.

Anyway, I have several things that I want to blog about so for the next couple days (if I can stay on top of things) I wiill have new material, for anyone who is still checking my blog.

My parents were in Utah a couple of weeks ago, dropping Derek off to move to Park City. They stayed in my mom's friend's condo the whole time they were in Utah, in Park City. Ryan and I even stayed with them one night. Anyway, while they were here we did a lot of eating, walking up stairs (the condo was at the top of 67 stairs up on the mountain), and visiting.

One night when they were here, we went to the Canyons and saw a free concert outside, and Chris, Cassie, and Cam got to come with us. The funny part is, that apparently Chris, Cassie, and Cam are all affraid of heights, and unfortunately for them we had to ride up from the parking lot in an open air gondola to get to the concert. I had no idea that I was related to a bunch of wimps, so I had to record this priceless moment as we rode up the gondola...as they tried to act like they weren't scared. They actually did pretty good, for being affraid of heights.

I like how Chris is trying to act natural, but if you would please join me in noticing how he is gripping with one hand (very tightly) the gondola pole, and with the other hand, his childs stroller. You guys probably thought you would get out of this one blog free didn't you...sorry. love ya!



Isn't Park City gorgeous. The view from the gondola was awesome!

Another day we went to Deer Valley resort, in Park City and had lunch at this delicious and also tastey restaurant on the mountain. The weather was perfect, and it was so pretty that day. I ate the biggest burger of my life (and might I add the most expensive), but it was also the best burger I have ever eaten. These are some pictures from lunch at Deer Valley.





Another cool thing we got to do, was go to the olympic park. There is a museum with all this Olympic stuff on display from the 2002 Olympics. They also have zip lines, alpine slides, and you can pay to ride the real olympic luge track. Also, they had kids who were taking classes, and some professionals, every once and a while, going down ski jumps and landing in the pool. It was so fun to watch, especially when the professionals did it off the biggest jumps, they caught so much air, and did some sweet tricks.
Can you see hime? the guys upside down in the air in a red suit...pretty cool huh?

10 comments:

a said...

That sure looks like a fun trip! Food, fun, and family....what could be better :)

Love the pic of the jumper guy. that's awesome! And I hate to admit, but I'd be one of those wimpy people clutching to anything near as we went up in the sky. Heights and me....not happening :)

Cassie said...

Thanks Ernie...I would like to note for the record that I am not as big of a whinny as you made it seem! I did well and i even helped calm Camden down! It was a blast and great to see your fam again. Thanks for FINALLY updating! Love ya!

andi said...

Hooray for new post! I'm so glad you had some good times with the fam. And yes, Park City IS gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Fun pictures! Love the black and white pic of Maggie!

Josh and Gloriana said...

thank you for updating! I miss you!

Beth said...

It's about stinkin' time you updated missie!!!!! :) And, I would also like to add that I "joined with you" in noticing Chris' grip on the bar in the gondola. too funny! I would be right there with them... :)

barb said...

hey love the photo edited pic of maggie. she's adorable.

also i miss you.

also that picture of park city WAS gorgeous.

and also finally- i am coming up in september for a conference!! and i'd like to take you to dinner and maybe we can ride the gondola... and you can stay in my hotel with me if you want... or something.... it would be fun! i love you!

Anonymous said...

GEEEEEZZZZ !! It"S ABOUT TIME !!

Fun pics,
looks like we had a lot of fun :)
Love you!

Cori said...

Thanks for updating, and with tons of pictures. Why is it that people are taking so many Utah trips right after I leave?? Miss you lots and keep the posts coming!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I have been checking, and I have missed you! Looks like you guys had a ton of fun. The guy doing the jump and landing in the pool is crazy! I couldn't do it...I am also related to the weanies in the family;)