Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Craziness

So, my life has been pretty hectic lately, and I am going to tell you all about it while I am sitting here at work with nothing to do. I have some cute pictures to post from when Em and Owen came to visit, but I am not at home so I can't do those yet.

If you remember a post I did a couple of weeks ago, with a link to my new place of employment...Haxton Manor B & B...and then not too long after that, I said I quit....yeah. Don't get me wrong, I love working at Haxton Manor, but the whole schedule thing and then on top of that, not getting paid very much wasn't really working out so good. The fact is, I didn't really have a schedule. I worked whenever the owner wanted me too, at the drop of a hat. In the past it probably would have been okay, but it just so happens that Ryan finally got a normal job with normal hours, and now he is home all the time while I am work. So, I gave the owner of the B & B (whom, I might add is one of the most amazing people I have ever met) one month's notice. I wanted to make sure she had enough time to find someone to fill my position, because currently I am the only one who can work the hours that she has given me. So, about a week and a half into my one months notice my sweet husband starts applying for jobs for me. I really hate applying for jobs, and writing all those lame emails to potential employers and finding a new job just stresses me out all around, so this situation really worked good for me. He did all this on a Saturday, and I got my first phone call for an interview 10 minutes after he started sending them out. By the beginning of the next week, I had three interviews on Wednesday (Halloween), and two on Thursday. By the end of Wednesday I had three interviews set up for the following Monday. By the end of Friday (two days after Halloween) , I had a job. I ended up not going to interviews on Monday, since I got that job on Friday before that. In my entire life of searching for jobs, I have never had so many interviews or gotten a job so fast...It was so painless, thanks to Ryan.

So, to make a long story even longer, my last day at the B & B is on the 17th, and I start my new job on the 19th. It has normal hours, Monday through Friday, 9-5, health benefits, pretty good pay, and I am pretty excited about it...as excited as one can really get about a job. The company I work for is a smaller company, they do eCommerce stuff, mostly drop shipping, and I will be doing the customer service, answering phones, and other office duties. Thrilling, isn't it?

The thing I am most excited about is that Ryan and I, for the first time since we have known each other, will have the same schedule. So, we will actually get to hang with each other at night, and spend weekends doing fun stuff, or just sleeping. It's gonna be pretty sweet. I will let you know how it works out.

11 comments:

Beth said...

That is AWESOME. I look forward to the day when Kyle will have a normal schedule. LUCKY :)

emalina49a said...

Sounds like it was meant to be. Steve's parents are trying to build relationships with drop-shippers. They would probably talk to you about your company. Anyways...we still need to get together...but in case you didn't know, I am prego...and sick as a dog, so it might have to be later! We are anxious to try Benji's and Killer Bunnies with you guys!

Josh and Gloriana said...

good news! I am glad you are back- i have missed you. I think you and sarah need to take a road trip out here ASAP.

Kristin Hanson said...

Congrats! I've never found a job that quickly and I was pretty impressed when Ryan told me he found it for you. Let me know how being on the same schedule as your husband is - Dave and I never have been. :) Oh yeah, John and Kathy will probably have all sorts of questions for you.

Julia said...

Get him to find me a job too will you? That's awesome!

andi said...

Oh sistah, I feel you on FINALLY having the same schedule. Adam and I must have been floating around in that same boat with you guys forever, I think.

Happy to hear about the new job. Send some of that luck Adam's way!

barb said...

yay. i'm glad your puter is alive- as well as you.

Nikki said...

What a sweetheart husband you have! That was so nice of him to do that. Being married is the best. Congrats on your new job.

Kristin Hanson said...

Ok, those turkeys at the top are seriously freaking me out.

em said...

YAY for new jobs! Especially new jobs that leave time for Friday-night snowboarding at Brighton. Hint, hint.

photography by Mikki said...

This is great! Nice to spend the extra time w/ the hottie man. Congrats! And I love your brown hair- it looks really good.