Ten reasons why I love Thanksgiving/Favorite memories of Thanksgiving (in no particular order):
1. There is something almost sacred about partaking in turkey and stuffing in mass quantities
2. Driving to California with roommates (back in the day) and seeing rigomortis animals on the side of the road, and then pretending to be rigomortis
3. Barb and Em mooning everyone we passed between St. George and the Virgin River Canyon, and making friends with other drivers because of it (sorry guys your secret is out, but lets be honest, it wasn't really a secret was it?).
4. In the Thanksgiving prayer my grandpa calling Barbie, Bridget, and then still during the prayer my grandma whispering in her loudest whisper voice "its Barbie!", and then my grandpa correcting himself.
5. Eating one of the fanciest dinners of the year off of chinet and using plastic utensils.
6. Getting to be around family and friends and everyone you love the most
7. Asking my brother after we had eaten Thanksgiving dinner what he was doing as he lay on the couch face up with his face flinched and scrunched...and he simply replied in a heavy voice..."breathing". (I guess he was pretty full).
8. The "envelope of fire". (this is what my grandpa would call the foil wrapped around the Turkey to keep all the moisture and heat in).
9. Costco pumpkin pie with Cool Whip...lots and lots of Cool Whip
10. Finding the neck of the turkey still inside the body after you have cooked it and are sitting at the dinner table serving up some delectable bird, and one of your guests uses the turkey tongs to get another piece but instead pulls out the turkey neck..... mmm mmm good!
12 comments:
Forget white meat or dark meat, I love me some turkey neck!
i was thinking of doing a top ten post (not about thanksgiving, though). you stole my idea with your ESP powers. *pouting*
I'm sorry.. but Bob would have been on my top ten list. ;)
Beth took my comment! :) Good ol Bob!
Beth-I didn't know if that would be appropriate for the list...considering he almost died. I was also thinking about adding the part about how grandma didn't want it to ruin her dinner and how grandpa told the paramedics that he wet himself on occassion
My favorite thing about your Thanksgivings...Dodie married Darrel and Darrel died dancing....
no, dooby died dancing, and bob almost died at thanksgiving
what about the comment your mom made about the long blondie that at least wasn't a black shortie??
and then your dad called her goody-two-shoes :)
i miss the harlines!
I love the Bob story too I have to admit it still gets me to laugh pretty well. And I also loved grandpa's list of "assignments" for Thanksgiving! So everyone had something to do. Oh and if you are thinking of doing a top 10 list of things not to do make sure Knotts if at the top! :) We'll never live that one down! oh well. Love ya!
Ah yes. Breathing. I must say that I've had to breathe a time or two myself. I feel your brother's pain.
e- can you tell the story about all the people? dooby died dancing and all that stuff? it wouldn't be the holidays without it.
Yes, and don't forget to include the part where grandma said, "Well, I'm going to eat or it's going to get cold!"
Post a Comment