Thursday, July 05, 2007

Panic Button

So the other night I went to the movies with my aunt and uncle and cousins, and ryan of course. Before the movie we did a little shopping in the same shopping center as the movie theater. On our way, walking to the theater from shopping, we stopped by my truck to drop off our bags. As we walked away I turned around to lock the doors with one of those automatic locker things, where you just push the button on a little remote. Well, it turns out that I was too far away from my truck to lock it, but I wasn't to far away from this other SUV to set off its alarm, when I pushed the lock button on mine. The first time I pushed lock the SUV's alarm went on, when I pushed it again, it went off. We were laughing so hard at this, I mean maybe its one of those things that you have to be there for...but we thought it was pretty dang funny. I just kept doing it over and over again as we walked by.

When we got out of the movie at like midnight it was still there, and Ryan wasn't there to see it the first time so we did it again. My little cousin Benny wasn't there the first time either, and he kept telling me not to do it anymore. He would say, "How did you do that....but don't do it again!" I think I was embarrassing him, but everyone else was just laughing.

What are the odds of that happening though? Not just the fact that another car would be on the same frequency as my truck, but that I would push my button at the same moment that I am close enough to the car that has the same frequency as mine... It was a really really big parking lot. CRAZY!

6 comments:

emalina49a said...

Hey..what did you go see?

andi said...

I thought you had an Accord...

But yes, that is very odd. I bet you could have had a LOT of fun with that. Just hide and wait for people to walk by and then set it off...

barb said...

erin- your posts make me laugh!

and andi- didn't you know erin changes cars like she changes underwear?
love you erin!

Cassie said...

That is super funny. We knew someone who's garage door opener worked for a random house right in front of the church....tempting to do it all the time!

andi said...

Yes...but I am not the one doing her laundry, so I am out of the panty/car loop.

Anonymous said...

That is kinda creepy. I think you have some sort of supernatural powers, Erin.