Monday, September 17, 2007

Tagged Again

Bone Senior tagged me on this one but, I'm not going to tag anyone else this time. If you want to do it too, go for it.

1. Where did you meet your husband?
In Florence, OR, at my aunt and uncle's house. One of the twins wanted to introduce their boyfriend to Chris, since he was the bishop...I think. So, Ryan, Cindy, Nikki, Nikki's boyfriend, and Anna Badger came over the second day we were there.

2. What was the first thing you said to your husband?
"Hi nice to meet you", or something like that. The first thing that I said about him that night after we hung out with them, to Bone Senior was, "He is cute, but I don't want to date him (cause that might ruin our summer), I just want to make out with him". The first thing I said about him, to Patti, before meeting him was, "I feel bad for whoever ends up marrying him, with that last name".

3. Where was your first date?
Our first official date (not just hanging out at one of our houses) was an all day event. First we went down to Coos Bay to this Discovery Science Museum place. On our way back up we got rear ended by a guy on a motorcycle. After we sorted that out we drove up to Newport and went to the Aquarium. I can't remeber where we ate or anything though.

4. Where was your first kiss?
In the entry way of Chris and Patti's house right in front of the front door and Chris and Patti's bedroom door.

5. Did you have a long or short engagement?
For Mormon standards it was long, 5 months, but we only dated for two months.

6. Where did you get engaged?
On the Sandpines golf course, in Florence, at 10:30 at night, picth black, sprinklers going off, sitting on Ryan's jacket at the ladies 6th tee. It was a total surprise, and very unexpected.

7. Where were you married?
San Diego, CA temple

8. How did the reception go?
Our reception was perfect. My Mom, friends, and ward members took care of everything, so I had nothing to worry about. Gorgeous flowers, gorgeous house (it was Glenna's house), gorgeous cake. It was fun too, because we didn't have a line...we just got to walk around and visit with everyone. The only thing I regret is that we didn't get to have any of the food that was there, and we also only got the bite of cake that we fed to eachother...I would have liked to have a whole peice of it.

9. How was the honeymoon?
The Honeymoon, was really fun. We only had 3 days and 3 nights. I wish it could have been longer. We went to the Hotel Del, on Cornado Island in San Diego, for two nights. One night, we got all dressed up and went to a really fancy expensive restaurant and spent a lot of money on the best food I have ever had. Then, the last night we went to a Bed and Breakfast in San Clemente right on the beach for one night. Then we had to go back to Utah, because I was still in school and it was in the middle of semesters.

5 comments:

Kristin Hanson said...

I don't think I ever knew your guys' story - it's great! And thanks for giving me something to blog about. I was thinking yesterday that I needed to come up with something interesting to say.

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh MEMORIES! So happy to be a part of such an important part of your life! Wasn't it fun?!?!?! And I just remember calling your mom shortly after you two met and saying "oh, dear.... you are SO in trouble".

Beth said...

I LOVE IT - "I feel sorry for whoever ends up marrying him.. with that last name" That is SO freakin' funny now that YOU are an Eichney. CLASSIC :) I love your story.. it's crazy that you ended up with a little Florence boy but I love it. :)

em said...

i think you need to mention that the proposal was a surprise for BOTH of you, not just you :) some people might think that future hubs should be more prepared, but it's doubly romantic when it just slips out unintentionally.

g said...

yeah asking you to be his room mate was pretty darn cute!